Rubble Master is known for providing heavy-duty recycle crushing in a highly mobile and compact package. Recently, more and more contractors are finding value in recycling material, as it offers a source of lower cost reusable materials and a chance to generate revenue from crushing projects. Read on to see how Rubble Master helped a customer save £13,840, the equivalent of $22,210 CAD, in just two days with onsite recycling.
Recycling Demolition Waste in City Centres
For projects taking place in a tight urban setting with little room to maneuver, recycling the demolition material can be a difficult task – especially if the material needs to be removed from the site. But what if the waste didn’t require removal? This was the case with a recent demolition project in Manchester’s city centre. Through the use of an RM 70GO! tracked mobile crusher, the project achieved a 95% recycling rate, with 90% of the recycled material staying onsite for future use in construction.
Using two excavators, the building was brought to ground level with the foundations fully excavated. Then, 20 tonnes of scrap metal and 12 loads of inert waste were removed from the site. Finally, the RM 70GO! was brought in to crush the leftover brick and concrete, producing approximately 600 tonnes of crushed aggregate each day.
In just two days, the contractor calculated a cost savings of £13,840 or $22,210 Canadian, factoring in the cost of waste collection vehicles, fresh material delivery vehicles, and deducting the cost of the crusher rental.
To get the full story, check out the Rubble Master report.
Amaco is Ontario’s heavy equipment specialist and has helped municipalities, contractors, and owner-operators across the province find the right machine solutions for them. Contact us today to discuss your needs!
Read more from Amaco:
- Is Recycling Construction Materials an Opportunity for Your Business?
- A Guide to Choosing the Right Heavy Equipment Solutions
- Getting the Most Value Out of Your Crusher Wear Parts
- Introducing the Brand-New Power Curber 5700-D - January 9, 2020
- Happy Holidays from Amaco! - December 18, 2019
- How KPI-JCI-AMS Aggregate Processing Equipment Made Cost-Effective Work in a Challenging Environment - December 4, 2019
- Asphalt Maintenance Tips and Best Practices - November 15, 2019
- How Gradall Helps Municipalities Stretch Their Budgets - October 15, 2019
- Achieving a 90% Onsite Recycling Rate with Rubble Master - August 12, 2019
- Falcon Asphalt Repair: A Cost-Effective & Long-Lasting Solution for Patching Potholes [Video] - July 11, 2019
- Conquering Projects with the Power Curber 7700 Multipurpose Slipform Machine - June 6, 2019
- Amaco’s New Partnership with Diamond Mowers - April 30, 2019
- Factors to Consider When Acquiring a Curb Machine - March 20, 2019