In industrial work settings, success is found at the convergence of a well-optimized strategy and properly selected machinery. The bigger the project, the more crucial it is for project managers get these two elements right. As a recent project in the City of Denver, Colorado shows, KPI-JCI-AMS aggregate processing equipment is more than capable of providing industry-leading technology that perfectly aligns with the right strategy.
Case Study: KPI-JCI-AMS Machinery Excels in Denver
When it comes to operating in the middle of busy cities, municipal officials are very often concerned with space and efficiency. Unfortunately, a lot of equipment is either too large or lacks the energy efficiency to meet environmentally conscious standards. Thus, when KPI-JCI-AMS approached the City of Denver with a bid to handle its plans for a full-service asphalt recycling plant, the team had its work cut out for them. But it didn’t just meet expectations – it far exceeded them.
Doug Legg, manager with the City and County of Denver, was looking for a machine that could “feed, crush and screen all on one chassis to keep the overall footprint compact.” He also wanted something that had the flexibility to operate on electric power only, to prevent the challenges that come with oil dust plugging and overheating engines. Furthermore, the machine’s production capabilities were crucial, needing the capacity to crush and screen 250-300 tons of materials per hour.
The solution was the ProSizer 3600 impactor plant, which has revolutionized the city’s approach to asphalt recycling.
“From start to finish, we rotomill our own streets, bring the millings to this yard, process them through the ProSizer 3600 plant, and haul them across the street to our asphalt plant, which is a 300 tons per hour double-drum,” Legg says. “We’ll haul that asphalt back out to our internal crews and lay it back on the street.”
The team began crushing in April 2018, and quickly mastered the machine, which has led to faster projects, better results, and fewer wasted resources.
Amaco: Ontario’s Provider of KPI-JCI-AMS Machinery
At Amaco, we’re proud to supply Ontario with KPI-JCI-AMS crushing and screening equipment that can be used in a variety of settings and capacities – including aggregate crushing, screening, material handling, and washing. For more information on our products and how we can supply you with the right equipment for your project, contact us today!
Amaco is Ontario’s heavy equipment specialist and has helped municipalities, contractors, and owner-operators across the province find the right machine solutions for them. Contact us today to discuss your needs!
Read more from Amaco:
- How Gradall Helps Municipalities Stretch Their Budget
- Is Recycling Construction Materials an Opportunity for Your Business?
- Falcon Asphalt Repair: A Cost-Effective & Long-Lasting Solution for Patching Potholes
- COVID-19 – AMACO is open – how can we help YOU? - March 24, 2020
- Amaco Equipment’s Response to COVID-19 - March 18, 2020
- Work Year-round with Multihog Multi-Purpose Tractors - February 21, 2020
- Introducing the Brand-New Power Curber 5700-D - January 9, 2020
- How KPI-JCI-AMS Aggregate Processing Equipment Made Cost-Effective Work in a Challenging Environment - December 4, 2019
- Asphalt Maintenance Tips and Best Practices - November 15, 2019
- How Gradall Helps Municipalities Stretch Their Budgets - October 15, 2019
- Achieving a 90% Onsite Recycling Rate with Rubble Master - August 12, 2019
- Falcon Asphalt Repair: A Cost-Effective & Long-Lasting Solution for Patching Potholes [Video] - July 11, 2019
- Conquering Projects with the Power Curber 7700 Multipurpose Slipform Machine - June 6, 2019